Basics of pelletizing
Pelletizing is a method of agglomeration and refers to the production of pellets typically by balling. Equipment used for pelletizing includes pelletizing discs, drums and cones.
Pelletizing is characterized by an irregular (random) grain movement in a moist material bed. Capillary bonding forces become effective primarily through grain collisions, which lead to grain enlargement through fine material cake-up and coalescence. Random grain movement is generated by rolling, mixing, flow bed or agglomerate in suspension.
Two major advantages of pelletizing are that it improves storage and transportability and it increases bulk density. Pelletizing is also used to control porosity, shape, solubility, and reactivity or thermal conduction.
HAVER® PELLETIZING DISCS are maintenance friendly due to their rugged design, allowing a high productivity. The inclination angle of the disc can be adjusted automatically via a motor driven spindle, even during operation. The disc’s rotary speed is also adjustable. Due to the sophisticated drive design, it is possible to start the disc fully loaded. To influence the product quality and to meet changing operation conditions the side wall height is adjustable automatically. The pelletizing discs are equipped with static scrapers to enable constant material layering with variable height. Long operating lifetimes are ensured by autogenously via protection.
- Inside diameter: 7500 mm
- Disc wall height: 560 - 900 mm
- Rotation speed: 1 - 10 rpm
- Inclination angle: 45 - 60°
- Installed motor power: 185 - 255 kW
- Total weight: 55 tons
- Feeding capacity: 0 - 150 t/h
- Specific capacity: 2 - 3 t/m2h (iron ore)
- Heavy-duty construction
- Flexible operation
- starting under full load
- steeples drive speed control during operation
- inclination adjustment during operation
- autogenously wear protection
- narrow particle size distribution and minimum recirculation load
- low specific energy consumption of approx.< 1.0 kWh / t (iron ore)
- Vibration free operation
- Bottom and side wall scrapers
- (metal or ceramic)
- Flexible water spray system
- Central lubrication